Today, I want to list, actually write down, what I'm thankful for:
* Good hearing
* A good mind
* The ability to express myself
* The strength and ability to care for myself
* A loving husband
* Family and friends who love me and whom I can love back
* A solid home; warm, safe, with a pretty garden I'm still strong enough to work in; and it's close enough to the water for me to hear, like right now, the fog horns out in the Strait.
* A washer and dryer - right inside my house
* Running water
* In-door toilets - 2 of them!
* Trash pick-up service
* A good job with a fair and appreciative boss - he sends me home on occasion, with a really good bottle of wine
* Satisfaction of doing the best job I can at work
* Ideas and dreams
* A fair amount of compassion
* More wisdom now than I had 10 years ago - 5 years ago, or yesterday even!
* The ticking grandfather clock in my living room that reminds me of my mother, though I don't need that to remember her, every day I think of her.
* My father, too
Hey! Did you see what happened? This is such an incomplete list and I wrote these down in no particular order, just as they came to mind, but one thought would spark another, which led to another. As if they were all connected. Isn't that amazing?
And look, watch this! I could greatly expand on each one of them. Each one could be a category all in themselves, such as:
* A loving husband who is... faithful; kind even when speaking a truth I don't want to hear; rises early in the morning and goes to work every day so we can enjoy food, shelter, entertainment; wise; strong; an excellent spiritual leader in our home; honest; respectful; intelligent; loves God...
* Good hearing to... hear the clock in my living room, the fog horns in the Strait; the wind in the trees; my friends encouragement; the words that come out of my own mouth; the birds chirping; the rain tapping on the window panes...
And did you notice? Each item in each category could become a sub-category all in itself.
Thankfulness surrounds us. Thankfulness begets thankfulness. When I list my "thankfuls", I see how wealthy I truly am... hummm...
Okay, so... buh bye for now... I'm gonna go think up some more, embrace 'em all - and become a bizillionaire!